Asparagus & Jamon Frittata
Recipe provided by Chef Crusco Catering in Austin, TX
- 8 Eggs – scrambled with 1-2 tbsps water, salt/pepper
- 2 tbsps. EVOO
- 2 Shallots – sliced thin
- 2 garlic cloves – finely minced
- Seas Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper
- 5 slices Jamon Serrano – Spanish ham – sliced into 2 inch strips
- 10 Asparagus – cleaned, bottoms cut off and left whole
- 4 tbsps. Pecorino Romano Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cut five asparagus on a bias into 2 inch pieces. Leave five asparagus whole. Set aside.
- Place EVOO in a large non-stick saute pan on med-high heat. Add shallots and cook 2-3 minutes until colored. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute. Season with salt/pepper.
- Add asparagus pieces and jamon. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the scrambled eggs and move the pan around so the eggs cover all the vegetables in the saute pan.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the five asparagus in a pattern on top of the egg/vegetable mixture. Sprinkle half of the Pecorino all over and place into the oven.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes or until golden in color. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 4-5 minutes.
- Run a spatula around the edges of the pan and shake until the entire frittata releases from the pan. Move onto a plate, sprinkle with more Pecorino Romano cheese and serve. Enjoy!\