Pan Fried Potatoes
Recipe provided by Chef Crusco Catering in Austin, TX.
- 2 large Russet Potatoes – peeled and cut into 3/4-1 inch cubes
- 6-8 tbsps. Olive Oil
- Sea Salt and fresh ground Black Pepper – to taste
- Prepare a large bowl with ice and water. Heat a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add in the peeled/cubed potatoes. Cook until the potatoes are fork tender (maybe 6-8 minutes).
- Remove immediately and place potatoes into the ice-water for about 5 minutes or until cool. Remove and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place a heavy saute pan over med-high heat. Pour in oil and heat until it shimmers slightly. Season one potato side with salt/pepper and place that side into the hot oil.
- Pan-fry potatoes until well-browned making sure to season the other sides with salt/pepper. Turn so all sides begin to brown and crisp up.
- Once cooked through remove onto a paper towel lined plate. season again and set aside to cool off.
- Serve family style by placing potatoes on a platter. Garnish with thyme or rosemary sprigs. Enjoy!