Pancetta & Egg Pasta
Recipe provided by Austin Personal Chef: Carlos Crusco
1 tbsp. EVOO
6 oz. Pancetta – chopped into cubes
10-12 oz. fettuccine, bucatini, or spaghetti
1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
2 egg yolks
1 large egg
1-2 oz. Pecorino – grated
- In a saute pan over medium-high heat, combine oil and pancetta and sauté until pancetta is crisp and golden. Using a slotted spoon, transfer pancetta to paper towels.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to the bite. Drain pasta, reserving 1.5-2 cups of pasta cooking water.
- Meanwhile, add pepper, yolks, eggs and half the Pecorino to a bowl and whisk to combine. Add 1/2 cup of the reserved pasta water to the egg mixture a little at a time so you don’t scramble the eggs.
- Add drained pasta to a bowl and toss vigorously with tongs to coat. Add 1/2 cup reserved pasta cooking water and toss to combine. Add the pancetta and the egg mixture a little at a time.
- Continue adding more pasta cooking water, 1-2 Tbsp. at a time, until sauce thickens and coats pasta.
- Transfer pasta to warmed bowls and serve with more Pecorino cheese and freshly ground pepper. Enjoy!
*Note: Click Here for a Spanish version of this Italian dish!