Recipe provided by Chef Crusco Catering in Austin, TX
- Grilled Quail
- 4 Ears of Fresh Corn
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 2 tbsps. Ground Mustard
- 2 tbsps. Dijon Mustard
- 2-3 tbsps. Lemon Juice
- 1 Garlic clove – minced with salt into a puree
- Sea Salt & Fresh ground Pepper
- Prepare Texas Quail Farm Knots by following the recipe link above.
- Prepare the Fresh Corn by removing the husk & silk. Salt a pot of water & bring to a boil. Once boiling, add ears of corn & simmer for 1-2 minutes. Remove from the water and immediately add to ice water.
- Once cool, remove from water, dry and cut off the corn kernels. Set aside for later use in the dish.
- Mince garlic clove with a pinch of salt. Create a paste by rubbing the edge of a knife against the garlic on top of the cutting board. Use the salt as an abrasive between the board and blade to create the paste.
- Add the garlic puree, sour cream, both mustards and lemon juice into a bowl. Season with salt and fresh ground pepper. Taste and adjust for seasoning. The sauce should be thick like a yogurt.
- Place some corn kernels on the base of the plate. Top with 3-4 Quail knots. Dress the Quail Knots with the Mustard Crema Sauce. Enjoy!