Recipe provided by Chef Crusco Catering in Austin, Texas
- 3 Large U-10 Scallops
- Sea Salt & pepper
- 2 Ears of Fresh Corn
- 12 Cherry Tomatoes – cut lengthwise
- 10 Basil leaves – chiffonade and some left whole
- 1 lemon – juice only
- Con’Olio EVOO
- Bring a wide/shallow pot of water to a boil. Season with salt. Once boiling place the corn and cook 1-2 minutes. Immediately remove and place the corn in an ice water bath to stop cooking.
- Meanwhile, make your dressing by whisking together the lemon juice with Con’Olio EVOO. Season with salt/pepper and set aside.
- Once the corn cools, remove and dry. Place the corn straight up on your cutting board and using a knife, cut the corn kernels off the cob.
- Place the corn, tomatoes and basil chiffonade into a bowl. Dress with the lemon vinaigrette and season lightly with salt/pepper.
- Place a nonstick saute pan on high and with 1 tbsp of oil. While heating, dry the scallops very well and season with salt/pepper. Once the pan is slightly smoking, place the scallops into the pan.
- Cook 2-3 minutes on one side. Turn over and cook 1-2 minutes more. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- To plate, place the corn around the plate. Place several tomato halves and the basil chiffonade on top and then the scallops around the plate.
- Dress everything with more lemon vinaigrette if you wish and garnish with fresh basil leaves. Enjoy!