Asparagus, Arugula & Mushrooms
Recipe provided by Chef Crusco Catering in Austin, TX
- 3-4 tbsp. EVOO
- 10 Asparagus – cleaned, dried & cut into 3″ pieces on a diagonal
- 10 Cremini Mushrooms – cleaned and cut in half
- 2 cups Arugula
- Sea Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper
- 1 lemon – cut in half
- Place 2-3 tbsps. oil in a large saute pan on high heat. Once the pan is smoking, add the mushrooms cut side down. Do not touch. Cook until golden brown (2-3 minutes) and turn over.
- Season salt/pepper and cook another minute or two. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Place the leftover EVOO left into the pan and once hot, add the asparagus pieces. Season with salt/pepper. Saute 1-2 minutes or until slightly cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- To serve, put the Arugula onto a platter. Place the mushrooms and asparagus all over the arugula. Dress with lemon juice and some fresh cracked pepper if you wish. Enjoy!