Recipe provided by Chef Crusco Catering in Austin, TX
- 2 Carrots – Peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 (3-4 inch piece) Ginger – Grated
- 1 small Shallot – peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 tbsps. Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Sherry Vinegar
- 2 tbsps. Orange juice
- 1 tbsp. Sesame Oil
- 5-6 tbsps. Water
- 6-7 tbsps. Vegetable Oil
- Sea Salt & Pepper – to taste
- Blend the carrots, shallots, ginger, vinegars, oj, water and sesame oil in a blender or food processor.
- With the machine running, slowly add the vegetable oil until emulsified. Taste and season with salt/pepper.
- Serve with almost any Salad, as a dip for Crudite or Grilled Vegetables. You can also thin it out with water or stock and serve as a Sauce with Seafood. Enjoy!