Red Wine Reduction
Recipe provided by Chef Crusco Catering in Austin, TX
- Poached Pear liquid
- Poached Pear slices – rough dice
- 1 Orange – supreme removing flesh only
- Mint – for garnish
- Follow the directions for Chef Crusco’s Poached Pear recipe.
- Remove 1 cup of poaching liquid & place into a small pot on high heat.
- Bring to a boil and continue boiling until the sauce reaches a syrupy consistency (roughly 10-15 minutes). Remove from the heat and set aside for later.
- Take 1-2 slices of poached pear and dice into 1/4 inch cubes.
- Cut the peel and any white skin remaining off the orange.
- Supreme the orange slices by slicing in between the skin membrane so only the flesh is removed.
- To plate, pear cubes onto a spoon or bowl. Add one orange supreme. Garnish with mint and drizzle the red wine reduction all over. Enjoy!