Recipe provided by Austin Personal Chef: Carlos Crusco
- 6 garlic cloves – finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley – finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh oregano – finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried parsley
- 1/4 cup dried oregano
- 4 Bay leaves
- 2 tsp. crushed red- pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. – smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. – sweet paprika
- 1 lemon – zest and juice
- 1.5 cups red-wine vinegar
- 2-3 cups olive oil (depending upon how thin or thick you want it)
- Salt and fresh pepper – to taste
- Finley mince the garlic, fresh parsley and oregano. Place into a medium bowl.
- Add the dried herbs, bay, red-pepper flakes, paprika and the zest. Whisk in the lemon juice, red-wine vinegar, then the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste (should be slightly salty).
- Transfer to a jar with a tight-fitting lid, and keep in the refrigerator. If possible, let flavors mingle for a day or two. The sauce can be kept refrigerated for 4-5 weeks and frozen for up to 2-3 months. It is best served with empanadas and grilled meats. Enjoy!