Recipe provided by Chef Crusco Catering in Austin, Texas
- 1 lb. (20-25 count) Fresh shrimp – peeled and deveined (LEAVE TAIL ON)
- 2-3 tbsps. Spanish Extra virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cloves of garlic – thinly sliced
- 3 lemons for juice plus 1 for wedges
- 1/4-1/2 cup Spanish white wine – Albarino or Verdejo
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley – rough chop
- In a large sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Season the shrimp on one side with salt and pepper and add to the smoking pan. Season the other side and cook for about 1 minute. Flip over and immediately add the garlic.
- Raise the heat to high and add white wine and lemon juice. Once the shrimp curl into the letter “c” they are done – remove from the pan and add the parsley (and some butter to guild the lilly).
- Transfer shrimp with sauce to the plate. Garnish with parsley leaves and lemon wedges. Enjoy!