Recipe provided by Chef Crusco Catering
- 4 ears of corn – shucked
- 1 poblano pepper – charred on the grill, steamed and skin/seeds removed
- 1 crate cherry tomatoes -sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 small red onion – finely chopped
- 1 cup of black beans – drained & rinsed
- 3 Limes – juice only
- 1 tbsp. honey
- Coarse Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1/2 cup of fresh cilantro – chopped or leaves in tact
- Preheat the grill to high. After shucking the corn, brush it with oil and season with salt/pepper. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, prep your tomatoes, onion, and beans. Add all ingredients to a bowl and set aside.
- Clean and oil your grates. Place the corn and poblano pepper on high heat. Char the poblano until black all over. Immediately remove and place in saran wrap covered bowl to steam for 5 minutes.
- Continue cooking the corn until charred and golden in spots all over, about 5-8 minutes. Remove from the grill.
- Remove the poblano from the bowl and take off the charred skin. Take the seeds out and the slice into 1/2 inch thick slices. Slice the corn kernels off the cob. Add both the corn and poblano to the tomato and onion mixture.
- To make the vinaigrette, whisk the lime juice and honey with salt and pepper. Add the oil in a slow steady stream while whisking until it thickens into a nice dressing. Taste and reseason if needed.
- Add the vinaigrette to the vegetable and bean mixture and season with salt/pepper. Taste and adjust the seasoning and dressing as needed.
- To serve, place the salad on a nice platter and drizzle a little bit more vinaigrette all over. Garnish with fresh cilantro and (if wanted) crumbled Cotija Cheese. Enjoy!