Recipe provided by Chef Crusco Catering in Austin, Texas
- 8 ounces Oaxacan or other dark Chocolate – roughly chopped
- 4 Ounces Semi Sweet Chocolate – roughly chopped
- 4 Ounces Milk Chocolate – roughly chopped
- 16 ounces Heavy Cream
- Small pinch of sea salt
- Unless purchased as small chips, coarsely chop the chocolate (a serrated knife makes it easier to do).
- Bring cream just to a boil over medium-high heat (stay in front of the pot as once it simmers it will boil and spill over immediately).
- Pour cream over the chocolate and add salt. Let stand for about 5-10 minutes (ensuring a smooth and not a grainy ganache).
- Using a whisk, stir until smooth and shiny so the cream and chocolate are fully incorporated.
- Use as is for any type of dessert, as a topping for ice cream, as a base for whipped creams or to make Chef Crusco’s Chocolate Truffles. Enjoy!