Recipe provided by Chef Crusco Catering in Austin, Texas
- 6 Ounces Oaxacan or other Dark, Bittersweet Chocolate – finely chopped
- 2.25 cups Water
- 1 cup Sugar
- 3/4 cup of Cocoa Powder
- 1 pinch of Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 tbsps Cacao Nibs – for garnish
- Mint – for garnish
- Blackberries – for garnish
- In a large saucepan, whisk together 1 1/2 cups of the water with the sugar, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Bring to a boil whisking frequently. Let it boil, continuing to whisk for 45 seconds.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate until it’s melted, then stir in the vanilla extract and the remaining 3/4 cup (180 ml) water.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender and blend for 15 seconds. Chill the mixture thoroughly, then freeze it in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- To serve, place 2 scoops or quenelles of sorbet into a bowl. Garnish with Cacao Nibs, Blackberries and Mint. Enjoy!