Recipe created & provided by Chef Crusco Catering in Austin, Texas
- Loaf of delicious Banana Bread – cut into 1 inch thick slices (6-8 slices)
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Cup Milk
- 6-8 tbsps. Unsalted Butter
- 2 Bananas – sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
- 1/2 cup Walnuts or Pecans – toasted
- Honey – garnish
- Powdered Sugar – garnish
- Make your own Banana Bread recipe or click this link for this tried and true recipe.
- Once cooked and cooled, slice your banana bread into 1 inch slices and set aside.
- Whisk together your eggs and milk until thoroughly combined. Place bread slices for 3-4 minutes into the mixture turning over every minute so both sides soak up the egg milk mixture.
- Follow the steps above with the other bread slices and add more milk or eggs if needed.
- Heat a sauté pan (med heat) and add 1-2 tbsps. unsalted butter. Once the butter melts place the 2-3 bread slices into the pan (without overcrowding). Cook 2-3 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Remove from the pan and place 2 slices onto a plate.
- To serve, garnish with the banana slices, toasted walnuts, honey and powdered sugar. Enjoy!