Recipe created and provided by Chef Crusco Catering in Austin, TX
Ingredients (serves 8 people)
- 1 Container Fresh Spinach
- 2 Anjou Pears – sliced evenly to fan out on the salad
- Small wheel Danish Blue Cheese – cut into 8 small wedges
- 1 cup Cranberries
- 1 cup Walnuts – lightly toasted in a saute pan
- Sea Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper
- Buttermilk Blue Cheese Dressing
- 3/4 cup Buttermilk
- 3 tbsps. Apple cider Vinegar
- 3 tbsps. Blue Cheese – crumbled
- 3-4 tbsps. EVOO
- 2-3 tsps. Water or more Milk – to thin out if too thick
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- First make the Dressing. Add the buttermilk to a bowl along with the apple cider vinegar and whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Add the Blue Cheese crumbles and continue whisking and mashing down on it to mix into the dressing.
- Slowly add the EVOO and whisk continuously. Taste and season again (if needed) with Salt/Pepper. If the dressing is too thick, thin out with water or milk as needed. Set aside for later.
- To serve, add spinach to a large plate. Place one quarter of the fanned out pear in the middle with the Blue Cheese wedge to the side. Sprinkle the cranberries and toasted walnuts all over the salad.
- Drizzle the Buttermilk dressing over the salad. Season with Sea Salt and Pepper. Enjoy!