Recipe provided by Chef Crusco Catering in Austin, Texas
- 4 Italian Sausages or your choice (Vegetarian too) – score 1/4 inch on both sides
- 3 Bell Peppers – red, green and yellow – sliced lengthwise into 4 sections
- 1 Red Onions – peeled and sliced lengthwise into 8 parts
- 1 Whole Garlic – sliced in half
- 15-20 Cherry Tomatoes – kept whole
- 15 Basil leaves – left whole
- 6 Oregano stems – leaves removed
- 5-6 Tbsps. EVOO
- Sea Salt/Pepper – to taste
- Line a Sheet Pan with Foil and Parchment paper. Preheat oven to Broil.
- Place peppers, onions, garlic and tomato scattered throughout the sheet pan. Dress all with EVOO, salt and pepper. Place the sausages on top and around the sheet pan.
- Cook on broil in the oven for 5 minutes or until the top of the sausages begins to color. Remove from the oven and turn over. Broil another 5 minutes or until the sausage is fully cooked through (remove sausages).
- Place sheet pan back into the oven and broil another 5 minutes or until all the vegetables are charred and cooked through. Remove from oven.
- Place the sausages back onto the sheet pan. Garnish with fresh Basil and Oregano. Once cooled, serve as is or with Pasta, Grains or Mashed Potatoes. Enjoy!