Recipe provided by Chef Crusco Catering in Austin, Texas
- Crepe Recipe (cut 8 crepes into 1/2 inch strips about 2-3 inches long)
- 2 tbsps. butter – (plus extra to butter a large ramekin dish)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsps. sugar
- Small Pinch salt
- 2 eggs – whisked and beaten
- 3 tbsps. Semi-sweet Chocolate – chopped into small pieces
- 3 tbsps. Bitter-sweet Chocolate – chopped into small pieces
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a small pot on low heat, warm milk, vanilla, sugar, salt and butter. Continue cooking just until butter melts; cool and set aside the pot off the heat.
- Using the extra butter, grease a large (4-to-6-cup baking/ramekin dish) and fill it with the Crepe slices.
- Once the milk mixture cools, add it slowly to a bowl with the whisked eggs and combine thoroughly.
- Pour mixture over the crepe slices and then sprinkle the Chocolate pieces all over the top.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until the custard is set and slightly wobbly. Serve immediately or just warm. Enjoy!