Recipe provided by Chef Crusco Catering in Austin, TX
- 1 Cucumber – peeled and sliced 1/4 or 1/6 inch think lengthwise (use a mandolin)
- 10 Mixed Cherry Tomatoes – sliced in half lengthwise
- 2-3 tbsps – fresh Ricotta Salata (Queso fresco is a good substitute)
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Sea Salt and fresh ground Pepper
- Slice the Cucumber and the tomatoes. Crumble the Ricotta Salata.
- Place the cucumber slices around the plate and curl them so they slightly stand up.
- Place the tomato halves in and around the cucumber. Sprinkle the Ricotta all over the plate.
- Dress the Salad with EVOO, Balsamic Vinegar, Sea Salt and Fresh Pepper. Enjoy!