Recipe provided by Chef Crusco Catering in Austin, Texas
- 8 Bay Scallops
- Sea Salt & Fresh ground pepper
- 1 tbsp. EVOO & 1 tbsp. Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 tbsps unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Chicken or Veg Stock
- 1/2 cup of cream
- 2 Ears of Fresh Corn – shucked, boiled and kernels cut
- 10 Cherry Tomatoes – cleaned and left whole
- 10 Basil leaves – for garnish
- Pat dry the Bay Scallops, season with salt/pepper and set aside. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the shucked corn for 2 minutes. Remove and immediately place in an ice water bath until cool. Remove, dry and cut off the kernels. Set aside.
- Place the evoo and 1 tbsp. butter in a large non-stick pan on med-high heat. Once shimmering place the Bay scallops in the pan and cook 1 minute on each side or until golden in color.
- Remove from the pan and immediately add the white wine. Use a wooden spoon to remove the fond on the bottom of the pan – it’s all flavor! Add 2 tbsps. butter, lemon juice, stock & cream. Reduce heat to medium & cook 4-5 minutes or until reduced by half. The sauce should be thick/creamy. Taste and season with salt/pepper if needed.
- In the last minute, add the cherry tomatoes, corn kernels and bay scallops just to warm through.
- To serve, place the corn, tomatoes and sauce on the plate. Place several Bay Scallops around the plate. Garnish with basil leaves. Enjoy!