Recipe provided by Chef Crusco Catering in Austin, Texas
- 2 Navel Oranges
- 3 Beets (cleaned, boiled, peeled and quartered)
- 4 cups Arugula
- 1/2 cup toasted Walnuts
- 4-5 tbsps. Feta cheese crumbles
- EVOO – to dress
- Aged Balsamic Vinegar – purchase at Con’ Olio here in Austin
- Sea Salt and fresh cracked Pepper – to taste
- Place beets in a pot of salted water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until beets are fork tender.
- Remove beets into an ice bath and cool. Remove the skins and slice into bite size chunks. Set aside.
- Cut oranges into supremes by peeling the orange and cutting in between the skin membrane thus only using the orange flesh.
- Toast the walnuts in a sauté pan on low heat and set aside. Crumble the Feta cheese into small pieces.
- To assemble, place 1-2 cups of arugula onto a plate. Garnish with orange slices, beets, walnuts and feta crumbles.
- Dress the Salad with EVOO and aged Balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Enjoy!