Recipe provided by Chef Crusco Catering in Austin, TX.
- 2-3 tbsps. EVOO
- 1 small yellow Onion – fine dice
- 2 large Carrots – peeled, grated or fine dice
- 2 stems Celery – cleaned and sliced in 1/4 inch slices on a diagonal
- 2 Zucchini – cut in half lengthwise and sliced in 1/4 inch thick half circles
- 3-4 Garlic cloves – thinly sliced
- 5 Cups Chicken Stock
- 1/2 Purchased Roasted Chicken – bones/skin removed – shredded into pieces
- Bouquet Garni – Bundle of herbs (Parsley, Bay leaf and Thyme)
- 1 Box Egg Noodles
- Coarse Salt & Pepper – to taste
- Pumpernickle Bread – cubed and toasted in oven to make croutons
- Parmiggiano-Reggiano Cheese – grated
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high. Add onion, carrots and celery and cook about 5-7 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Add zucchini and garlic and cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Add stock, chicken pieces, bouquet garni and bring to a boil. Season with salt/pepper and reduce to a simmer, and cover. Cook until vegetables are cooked through, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add egg noodles to pot and cook until tender, about 4 minutes; season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, ladle all the veggies, stock and chicken into a bowl. Garnish with pumpernickel croutons and grated Parmiggiano-Reggiano cheese. Enjoy!