Recipe provided by Chef Crusco Catering in Austin, Texas
- Pate Brisee Tart (Base Dough for the Apple Tart)
- 1 cup Corn Bisque
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Cream
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 tbsp. Unsalted Butter
- 2 tbsps. Evoo
- 3 Leeks – cleaned and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 3 Garlic cloves – finely minced
- 3 Ears of Corn – Cleaned, Blanched, Shocked and Kernels removed
- 5 Slices Salami (optional) – sliced into 1/6 inch strips
- 1/4 cup Pecorino Romano – finely grated
- 1 cup Provolone – grated
- Make your Pate Brisee Tart dough, cook and set aside to cool while making the filling. FYI: You will only cook the dough through Step 7 right after using the the Blind Baking Technique.
- Hopefully you made Chef Crusco’s Corn Bisque and just have some leftover so you can omit several steps. If not, get to work!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix the Corn Bisque with the eggs, cream, milk and season with salt/pepper. Set aside for later.
- Place the butter and evoo in a large saute pan on med-high heat. After preparing the vegetables, place the leeks into the pan and season with salt/pepper. Cook 3-4 minutes until sweating.
- Reduce the temperature to medium, add the garlic and cook another 1-2 minutes. Immediately add the fresh Corn and Salami.
- Season with salt/pepper again. Cook for 2 minutes until ingredients sweat and are warmed through. Take off heat and set aside.
- Remove the ingredients from the pan and place into the empty Tart Shell. Sprinkle the Pecorino Cheese all over the vegetables.
- Add the Corn-Egg-Milk mixture into the Tart all over the vegetables. Only fill it about 80% so it will not spill when cooking.
- Top the Tart with grated Provolone Cheese and place into the oven for 35-45 minutes or until the mixture sets and is golden brown.
- Remove the Tart from the oven and cool for 20-30 minutes before serving. The Tart can be used as an Hors d’ oeuvre or First course.
- To use as a First Course, slice the Tart into 8 portions and serve with an Arugula Salad and Pecorino Romano shavings.
- To use as an Hors d’oeuvre, slice into 16 portions and add a dollop of creme fraiche and chives to each slice…Enjoy!