Recipe provided by Chef Crusco Catering in Austin, Texas
- Crepes Recipe (20 Crepes)
- 4 tbsps. EVOO
- 2 tbsp. Unsalted butter
- 2 cups Leeks – cleaned and sliced thin
- 1-2 cups Mushrooms (Button, Cremini or Shitake) – cleaned and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 large King Oyster Mushroom – sliced into 1/4 inch slices lengthwise
- Basic Bechamel Sauce
- Kosher Salt & Pepper – to taste
- 1/2 cup Green Onions – garnish
- 1/2 cup Pecorino Cheese
- Preheat Oven to 425 degrees. Melt 2 tbsps. EVOO and 1 tbsp. Butter in a sauté pan on med-high heat. Once slightly sizzling, add the leeks and cook for 4-5 minutes until sweating. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the mushrooms and continue cooking for 4-5 minutes. Season again with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Make the Crepes following the recipe link above.
- Place 3 tbsps. of the leek mixture into one crepe and fold up (seem side down). Continue until you run out of filling or crepes. Use the leftover 1 tbsp. butter to grease a small casserole dish.
- Place last 2 tbsps. EVOO into a small sauté pan on high heat. Season both sides of the King Oyster Mushroom slices with salt/pepper. Place into the pan and cook 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Turn over and cook 1 minute. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Place 3-4 filled crepes into the casserole dish. Top with 4-5 large spoonful’s of Bechamel Sauce on the crepes and into the casserole dish.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and place the Oyster Mushrooms slices on top. Change to Broil and broil for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with Green onions and Pecorino cheese. Enjoy!