Menu created and provided by Chef Crusco Catering in Austin, TX
- 1/2 cup Monterrey Jack Cheese – finely grated
- 1/2 cup Pecorino Romano Cheese – finely grated
- 1 cup flour Flour
- 1 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 2 tbsps. Unsalted Butter – cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a Food processor, whisk together the flour and salt. Put in the butter and process until crumbly and sandy.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together milk and mustard. Add to the food processor along with the cheeses and process until well blended and a thick dough forms. Remove the dough from the food processor and onto the countertop.
- Shape into a rectangular log and wrap in plastic wrap for 1-2 hours minimum so the dough sets and hardens up more (it can stay frozen for up to 2-3 months).
- When ready to use, cut log into 1/6 inch thick slices. Place them on a parchment lined sheet pan.
- Bake the crackers (rotating once) until edges are golden in color which is about 12-15 minutes.
- Once cooked, let the crackers cool on a wire rack for a few minutes. Serve them as is with some charcuterie, cheeses or our delicious Cowboy Beef Stew. Enjoy!