Recipe provide by Chef Crusco Catering in Austin, TX
- 2 tbsps. Unsalted butter
- 2 large Eggs – beaten with a splash of water
- 2 tbsps. EVOO
- 1 small onion – diced
- 3 cloves garlic – minced
- 2 Carrots – finely diced or grated using a box grater
- 4 Cremini Mushrooms – minced
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup shelled Edamame
- 2-3 cups cooked White rice
- 3 green onions – thinly sliced
- 3–4 tbsps. Soy sauce or to taste
- 1 tbsp. Oyster Sauce
- 1 tsp. toasted Sesame oil
- Fresh cracked Pepper – to taste
- In a small pan on med heat, add butter and once melting add the eggs. Cook a minute or two until scrambled, remove from the heat and set aside.
- Heat a large sauté pan on med heat. Add the EVOO, onions & garlic. Cook the vegetables until soft and somewhat translucent (about 2-3 minutes).
- Add carrots & mushrooms. Season lightly with salt/pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add edamame & cook 1-2 minutes. Stir in the rice, breaking apart any clumps. Add green onions, Soy & Oysters sauces. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Keep stirring and cooking until the rice is completely heated through and starting to toast and brown.
- Finally, add the scrambled eggs and mix well. Remove from the heat, taste and reseason if needed. Drizzle Sesame oil all over and add a couple grinds of black Pepper. Serve immediately and Enjoy!