Recipe created and provided by Chef Crusco Catering in Austin, TX
- 1 Picanha Roast (Also known as Culotte or Top Sirloin Roast) – usually 2-3 pounds each
- Coarse Salt & Fresh Pepper
- Chef Crusco’s famous Chimichurri – click for the recipe.
- Prep grill to 500 degrees minimum. Cut the roast into eight (4-6 oz. steaks) cut 1-1.5 inch thick.
- Season the steaks generously with salt and pepper including the fat cap.
- Once the grill is hot and ready, grill (about 3-4 min’s) per side until the internal temp is 125 F.
- You can use a meat thermometer to test for doneness Rare: 115-120 degrees F, Medium Rare: 125 degrees F, Medium: 130-135 degrees F.
- Once cooked on both sides, cover steaks loosely with aluminum foil. Rest 5-10 minutes.
- Serve steaks whole or slice thin against the grain and fan onto individual serving plates.
- Dress the steaks with the Chimichurri sauce and serve with crusty bread. Enjoy!