Recipe created & provided by Chef Crusco Catering in Austin, TX.
- 4 Pork Chops (thin cut)
- 2 tbsps. EVOO
- 1 Shallot – sliced thin
- 4 Garlic cloves – sliced thin
- 1/2 cup White wine
- 2 tbsps. Lemon juice
- 4-5 tbsps. Orange Marmalade
- 1 Navel Orange – zest, juice and supremes
- 2 tbsps. Unsalted Butter
- 8 Sage leaves
- Coarse Salt & Fresh ground Pepper
- Pre heat grill to Med-high. Season pork with salt and pepper. Grill pork chops on one side for 3-4 minutes. Turn over and grill the other side for 1-2 minutes. Remove from the grill and set aside.
- Place a cast iron or heavy duty sauté pan on the grill. Add EVOO and heat until the oil is shimmering.
- Add the shallots and cook 1-2 minutes. Add garlic, season and cook another minute. Immediately add the white wine and lemon juice. Cook on high heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add orange marmalade, zest, juice & mix well. Add pork chops back into the pan & cook on med-low heat basting the chops with the orange sauce. Cook 4-5 minutes or until internal temp is 145 degrees.
- Finally, add orange supremes, butter & sage. Continue to baste the chops for 1-2 minutes & remove from the heat to set aside.
- To serve, place one chop on the plate. Dress with the orange sauce, orange supremes and sage leaves. Serve with Chef Crusco’s Roasted Root Vegetables. Enjoy!