Recipe created & provided by Chef Crusco Catering in Austin, TX.
- 2 filets of Swordfish – cut in half lengthwise (butterflied) so each portion is 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick
- 3 Heirloom Tomato’s – different colors – cut into 1/2 thick slices
- 3 tbsps. Capers – drained
- 2 cloves Garlic – sliced thin
- 4 Lemons – juice from all and zest from one
- 1/2 cup crisp white wine like Friends (Buy at The Austin Winery)
- 2 tbsps. Unsalted Butter
- 2 Sprigs Oregano – leaves only for garnish
- Sea Salt & Fresh Pepper
- Pre heat the grill to high heat. Prepare the tomato slices and place on a platter. Place 2 tbsps. EVOO in a cast iron skillet and place on the grill to heat up.
- Season the 4 portions of fish with sea salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Once hot, place the fish onto the pan and sear for 1-2 minutes per side. Remove fish and set aside.
- Add 2 more tbsps. EVOO to the pan and add the garlic and capers. Season and fry for 1 minute until garlic is golden brown. Immediately add the white wine and lemon juice and bring to a boil.
- Cook and reduce to half. Add the zest, butter and heat until melted through.
- To serve, place the fish on top of the tomato slices. Spoon the sauce all over the fish and tomatoes.
- Garnish with the fresh oregano. Serve with Chef Crusco’s delicious Lemon Asparagus. Enjoy!