Recipe provided by Chef Crusco Catering in Austin, Texas
- 4 Quail (Buy local at Texas Quail Farm in Lockhart, TX.)
- 2 Italian Sausage links (open and cut into 1-2 inch pieces)
- 1 Small Butternut Squash (peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 10-12 Asparagus (bottom 2 inches cut off)
- 2 Shallots (peeled and cut into 4 pieces lengthwise)
- 1/2 Baguette (teared into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 Head of Garlic (top 1/3 cut off)
- 10-12 leaves Sage
- Mexican Crema (optional)
- Sea Salt & Pepper
- Line a Sheet Pan with Foil and Parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Place Quail, Sausage, Squash, Shallots, Bread and Garlic scattered throughout the sheet pan. Dress all with EVOO, salt and pepper. Place in the oven on the top rack.
- Cook in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the top of the quail/sausage begins to color. Remove from the oven and take the cooked quail, sausage and bread off the sheet pan.
- Turn over the vegetables that have browned and cook another 10-15 minutes or until the vegetables begin to color and soften. Add the Asparagus for the last 5-6 minutes to cook through.
- Remove from oven and garnish with the fresh Sage. Once cooled, drizzle the Mexican Crema all over and serve as is or with a delicious salad like Chef Crusco’s Arugula, Beet & Goat Cheese Salad. Enjoy!