Recipe created and provided by Chef Crusco Catering in Austin, Texas
- 2 Chicken Breasts – cut in half lengthwise and pounded out thin (1/4 inch thick)
- Coarse Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsps. Flour
- 1.5 tbsps. Unsalted Butter
- 1.5 tbsps. EVOO
- 1-2 cups Cremini Mushrooms – halved and trimmed
- 2-3 Shallots – peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup Madeira wine
- 1.5 cups Chicken broth or stock
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Fresh Italian Parsley – rough chop for garnish
- After prepping the chicken, season with salt and pepper. Dust in flour and remove any excess.
- Heat your largest sauté pan on med-high heat (remember this will all be cooked in one pan). Add both the butter and the EVOO until it just starts to smoke and sizzle.
- Add chicken and sear until browned (1-2 minutes). Turn over and brown other side. Transfer to a plate.
- Add mushrooms and shallots. Add more butter or oil if needed. Immediately season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring and scraping up browned bits, until golden brown in places (8 to 10 minutes).
- Add Madeira wine and cook 1-2 minutes until reduced in half. Then, add broth and cream and bring to a light boil.
- Add Chicken and accumulated juices to the pan. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring every now and then.
- Cook until chicken is just cooked through (about 6-8 minutes).
- Uncover and remove the chicken. Increase heat and simmer until sauce thickens (about 2-3 minutes). Stir in parsley and remove from heat.
- To serve, place a Chicken cutlet on the plate and top with the delicious Mushroom Cream sauce. Can be served with mashed potatoes, rice or egg noodles.