Recipe created & provided by Chef Crusco Catering in Austin, TX.
- 3 sticks Unsalted butter (Important to start with unsalted and flavor it as you go)
- 1/4 cup Chef Crusco’s Ancho Chile Puree
- 1 tbsp. ground Cumin
- 1 cup Fresh herbs (basil, thyme, parsley) – cleaned and finely chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves – minced into a paste
- 1 lemon – zest only
- 2 Chicken Breasts – butterflied, portioned into 4 filets and pounded thin
- Sea Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper – to taste
- Pre-heat the grill to med-high heat. Set all butter out to room temperature until soft and pliable.
- To make the Ancho Chile butter, just add Chile puree, cumin and 1.5 sticks of butter to a bowl. Mix thoroughly. Add salt to taste. Place the butter in plastic film and roll into a log. Place into the refrigerator to set up
- To make the Garlic-Herb butter, just add the garlic, herbs, lemon zest and 1.5 sticks of butter to a bowl. Mix thoroughly. Add salt/pepper to taste. Place the butter in plastic film and roll into a log. Place into the refrigerator to set up.
- Using a meat mallet, pound each chicken portion to an even 1/4-1/2 inch thickness.
- Once the grill is ready and hot, oil the grates. Season the chicken well with salt/pepper and place the them on the grill. Cook, covered, for 3-4 minutes per side or until it registers 160 degrees internally.
- Transfer the chicken to a platter, cover with foil and let rest for 3-4 minutes. Meanwhile slice 1/4 inch circles of both the Ancho and Garlic-Herb butters.
- To plate, place chicken onto the plate and put one of the Compound Butters on top so it begins to melt into the chicken. Serve immediately with Chef Crusco’s Smashed Potatoes. Enjoy!